Shipping & Returns
Before you order, please carefully read the description, dimensions and care instructions on each item. Please bear in mind that dimensions are approximate (to within 5cm), and colours may vary between the photograph on your screen, and the actual product.
We do not offer refunds or exchanges for change of mind, or if the product doesn't suit. This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
You're welcome to contact us on 02-9518-7899 (during business hours) to ask more questions about our products, and confirm whether they are suitable for your needs before purchasing.
Small items - we will contact you ASAP to advise the shipping charge, usually during the next business day. Shipping charges on small items usually range from $15 - $30, depending on the size, weight and geographical location of the delivery.
Furniture items - Ruby Star Traders works with several high quality furniture carriers across Australia. After you order, we will contact our carriers for a freight quote, and then notify you as to how much freight is payable. This process can take a few days.
Our carriers charge per cubic metre or by the hour, depending on the delivery address. Shipping charges range from $200 - $300 per cubic meter, depending on your location. Local Sydney deliveries may be cheaper, and deliveries to far flung locations may be higher. You are also welcome to collect your own furniture from our Sydney showroom or warehouse, by appointment.
PRODUCT QUALITY AND VARIATION
We have made every effort to display the colours and images of our products as accurately as possible. However, we cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any colour will be accurate.
Our furniture is hand made in India by traditional artisans, therefore, small variations and imperfections are to be expected in all of our furniture. Please also read the care instructions for each item. For example, our upholstered chairs and sofas are designed for occasional rather than heavy use.
Examples of natural variation in our products includes:
- Bone, Horn and Mother of Pearl are natural products, and each piece of bone / horn / mother of pearl will vary in colour and finish. Each piece is individually carved and hand-set, so patterns on inlaid items will have some variation.
- Many fabrics are block printed or mud printed by hand. This creates variations in the print such as small smudges and other irregularities in design.
- All linen and dhurry fabrics contain natural weaving irregularities, such as toggles in fabric.
- All vintage items will almost certainly have some small marks, stains, holes or patches, plus irregularities in stitching, as the fabrics are many years old.
- Please contact us prior to ordering if you would like more information about any of our pieces.
It is important that you unpack your furniture as soon as possible, and notify us immediately should you encounter any damage. Damage notified more than 7 days after receipt will not be accepted, so please inspect your furniture carefully as soon as possible.